Incisive Media and Professional Adviser are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/The Event
- This event and other Professional Adviser events are working towards an industry standard of sustainability
- There will be no single-use plastics
- All still water will be provided in jugs instead of bottles
- All professional printing is printed on FSC-certified paper which is typically composed of virgin tree fibers and is guaranteed to be from sustainable forests so the health of the forest is maintained
- Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
- Fewer programmes have been printed and those that have are printed on fully recycled paper
- Any surplus printed materials will be recycled after the event
- No red meat is served at the event in order to stay more sustainable
The Venue - The Brewery
- Lighting throughout the venue is either energy efficient LED or motion censored to reserve energy
- Bike parking is available for all guests to discourage the use of automotive transport if not completely necessary
- Water saving measures such as automatic taps are implemented throughout the venue
- The venue hold a Gold Clean City Award Certificate from The City of London
- The Venue reduce the lights, power and HVAC during set-ups, de-rigs and when rooms are not in use to preserve energy
- The venue donate surplus items left over from events to charities and local primary schools or reuse them in-house if appropriate: ie, notepads, pens
- No waste is sent to landfill as waste that cannot be recycled is taken by waste carrier and converted into energy